Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Comic Cover Rivalry Submission - Rob

This was a tough one because I'd love to be able to use the Mike Zeck's cover of Captain America with Wolverine's claws going "one on one" with Cap's Shield. Although it was an amazing cover it isn't what I would consider a rivalry. On a stretch I could even go for Wolverine vs Hulk, but that is still nowhere near the realm of Hulk vs Thing... now there was a true rivalry. Who is the strongest? A question asked and answered multiple times over the course of Marvel History. I would also have liked to use a classic Daredevil vs Bullseye cover, but again it wasn't a rivalry. It was your classic arch-enemy battle (Batman/Joker, Starman/Mist).

After a tremendous amount of waffling I came across a cover I remembered from my youth (Kudos to you Lynn for the all the classic inspiration).


Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you World's Finest Issue 199... a classic Superman vs Flash race.


Talk about a rivalry that spanned decades, I think this qualifies. Art by the incomparable Neal Adams and as a bonus it also has a subtext theme at the bottom of the page (look at the disappointment and elation on the kids faces). I missed last week's blog cause I was slammed at work, but I thought this would kill 2 birds with one stone.

What do ya think? -Rob

No comments: